Light-Curable Materials for Aerospace and Defense Avionics
The aerospace and defense avionics industry continues to develop technologies to improve imaging sensors used for ground proximity, aircraft health management, surveillance, missile guidance systems, and harsher conditions that PCB assemblies must withstand. Dymax light-curable formulations are designed to address the growing industry challenges and demands for new technologies in this sector.
Dymax’s broad range of one-part, solvent-free electronic materials cure in seconds upon exposure to UV/Visible light. These light-curable materials are used in a wide variety of applications for circuit protection and electronic assembly. The products are electrically insulating and are used in various operations including conformal coating, encapsulation, bonding, thermal management, ruggedizing, camera module bonding, masking, and shallow potting. IPC approved, MIL-I-46058C, and UL listed self-extinguishing grades are available. Most products are available in multiple-viscosity grades, so the material flow may be tailored to the individual application.
- Light-cure conformal coatings can be applied over the entire PCB surface or in discreet areas to provide complete protection from harsh environments or chemical exposure. Multiple shadow-area formulations, including dual-cure, are available.
- UV encapsulants protect components on rigid or flexible boards to -40°C.
- Electronic peelable maskants are designed for manual or fully automated masking of printed circuit boards prior to wave solder or reflow operations.
- One-part potting compounds can achieve full cure in seconds and dramatically reduce cycle times and costs.
- UV-curable thermally conductive adhesives cure in seconds with light, heat, or activator to effectively transfer heat to keep components cool. They may be paired with Dymax LED protection potting materials to enhance LED performance.
|Dymax has halogen-free formulations. We offer a wide variety of halogen-free conformal coatings, adhesives, encapsulants, and potting materials.|