PCB Protective Maskant – Color Change on Cure & Blue Fluorescing Tracer
SpeedMask® 9-7001 cures upon exposure to UV/Visible light in seconds. The material provides one-layer protection of connectors and PCB surfaces during solvent-based or light-curable conformal coating applications in printed wiring board (PWB) assembly.
The product is compatible with gold and copper connector pins and resists solvent-based conformal coatings and primers. 9-7001 is non slumping and its highly visible pink color in the uncured state makes it easy to see when dispensing onto components. The maskant is easily removed, eliminating the concern of ionic contamination or silicone left behind by other masking methods.
Dymax materials are solvent free and cure upon exposure to light. Their ability to cure in seconds results in lower processing costs. When cured with Dymax UV light curing spot lamps, focused beam lamps, flood lamps, or conveyor systems they deliver optimum speed and performance for maximum efficiency. Dymax lamps offer the optimum balance of UV and visible light for the fastest, deepest cures. SpeedMask® 9-7001 is in full compliance with the RoHS2 Directives 2015/863/EU.
Viscosity (nominal): 40,000 cP
Uncured Appearance: Pink Translucent Gel
Modulus of Elasticity: 1.9 
- Masking for solvent based conformal coating applications
- Masking for wave solder or reflow processes
- Compatible with gold and copper connector pins
- One layer protection
- UV/Visible light curing
- Visible pink color in uncured state
- Non-slumping when dispensed
- Halogen free – pending
- Resistance to solvent based conformal coatings and primers
- Thixotropic for manual or automated dispensing
- Fast curing
- Tack free with depth of cure up to 0.5″
- Lower shrinkage
- Silicone free