Light Curing Adhesives & Materials for Industrial Assembly
Appliance, Medical Device, Electronic, Aerospace/Defense, and Automotive Industries
Light curing adhesives cure in seconds upon exposure to longwave ultraviolet light and/or visible light, heat, secondary moisture cure, or with an activator. 100% solvent-free light-curable adhesives, coatings, encapsulants, gaskets, maskants and, potting compounds help optimize the speed of automated assembly by enabling in-line quality inspection and increasing product throughput.
Dymax light-curable materials (LCMs) are one-component products and typically reach full cure in 1-30 seconds. The one-component nature and fast cure of LCMs provide cost-reducing benefits including:
- Lower Capital Costs: Dispensing systems for one-component materials cost significantly less than systems for two-component materials.
- No Pot Life Problems: Two-component systems generally have pot lives measured in minutes or hours. Products with short pot life require frequent purge cycles, often resulting in clogged mixing elements.
- No Hazardous Waste: Material purged from a system that remains uncured is usually classified as hazardous waste. Dymax products are one-component systems, so there is no off-ratio mixing or purging. Manufacturers can cure 100% of products, eliminating waste.
- Shorter Cycle Times: Less work-in-progress and shorter lead times.
- Increased Capacity: Bonding steps that may have been bottlenecks with slower systems are no longer bottlenecks.
- Less Floor Space: Elimination of ovens, humidity chambers, conveyors and racks.
- Easier and Better Automation: Indexing time on a line is reduced and inspection can be completed on-line. Reducing the complexity of fixturing during the curing process is also possible.
Dymax manufacturers light curing adhesives for plastic sealing, metal bonding, and glass assembly, as well as for joining dissimilar substrates. Temporary maskants for protection of components during surfacing finishing operations, conformal coatings for printed circuit boards, and form in place gaskets are also available. The products are utilized in a wide range applications within the appliance, medical device, electronic, aerospace and defense, and automotive industries worldwide.