Light-Curable Form In Place Gaskets
Replace Slow-Curing Gasket Alternatives with a Cure in Place Solution
UV/Visible light-curable form in place gaskets, cure in place in seconds, replacing labor intensive tape, PSA die-cut gaskets, 2K epoxies, silicone rope, and RTV sealants. These FIP/CIP gasket adhesives conform to complex and intricate channels on both vertical and horizontal surfaces with thixotropic formulations, and also flow into channels with Newtonian formulations.
The cured in place gaskets act as a barrier to prevent absorption or penetration of air, dust, noise, liquids, gaseous substances, or dirt. The gaskets are ideal for sound dampening, vibration dampening, moisture protection, chemical protection, and air sealing. The materials cure on demand, eliminating the need for ovens, racking, stacking, long-curing alternatives, as well as the waste associated with poorly fitting or improper alignment of die-cut gaskets.
- Cures completely in as little as 15 seconds, even to 1/4 inch thick beads
- Excellent adhesion to plastics, glass, metal enclosures, and also plated surfaces
- Low-to-high, non-sag viscosities
- Slick-to-pressure-sensitive surface tack
- Ideal for automotive, lighting, electronic mobile device, electrical, HVAC, window, and energy applications
Form in place gaskets are designed for automated dispensing to support high-volume production and consistency in bead profile for single wall, flat surface, or channel configurations. The gasket adhesives are cured in-line for increased production speed as well as reduced inventories. This technology accommodates engineering changes without high tooling investments, and also helps to reduce costs, turning problems like production throughput into non-issues.
Typical applications include:
- Fuel cell assembly
- Sealing underwater enclosures
- High-temperature sealing
- Speaker assembly and sound dampening
- Sealing critical electronic assemblies and devices