Experienced applications engineer with 6 to 7 years of experience who assists Sales, Customer, Distributor, R&D, and Marketing departments with adhesive and equipment selection, testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting to Key Regional Account by carrying out complex or specialized analytical tests.
Provides daily administrative and technical supervision of Application Engineers within South China AE department.
- Provides technical leadership to Application Engineers within South China AE department.
- Contributes to successful Key Regional Account project completion by carrying out complex or specialized analytical tests, collecting data within the budgeted time.
- Coordinates project activities with other departments to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
- Clearly understands and validates project objectives. Capable of designing testing methods, assessing project requests for viability, cost, resource demand, and (if applicable) proposes alternative approaches that will more efficiently meet the objectives.
- Provides professional telephone or on-site application recommendations and trouble-shooting assistance to Sales, Customer, Distributor, R&D and Marketing departments.
- Provides professional technical service training or seminar for Customer, Sales, or Distributor skillfully prepares and delivers oral presentations using PowerPoint or EXCEL. Provides appropriate solutions to customer’s problems using readily available, clear, and direct references.
- Participates in professional organizations to maintain current knowledge of technical innovations.
- May develop new or modified products application, processes, and equipment solutions.
- Helps Manager to set technical objectives.
- Provides technical guidance to AE team, reviews project-related documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Collects, organizes, and reports data and conclusions in WORD, EXCEL, or PowerPoint formats. Report teamwork to Manager.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree or above in any Chemical related field (preferably in Polymer Materials or Chemistry)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience of technical service or R&D in the Chemical related Industry (preferably adhesive or paint).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of technical team management.
- Work experience in adhesive, coating, paint, resin industry is preferred.
- Familiar with adhesive application in electronics, industry or medical fields.
- Familiar with testing equipment.
- Excellent people skills, Self-motivated, independent performer with good analytical and communication /computer skills
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal English and ability to work in cross-functional teams is mandatory.
This job description is for reference and guidance only and is subject to change at any time.