Light-Curable Electronic Adhesives and Materials
Protect Electronic Circuitry and Components From Environmental Damage
One-part, solvent-free electronic adhesives and materials cure in seconds upon exposure to UV/Visible light energy. A wide variety of light-curable products are available for circuit protection and electronic component assembly applications. Many are electrically insulating and designed for various operations including conformal coating, encapsulation, ruggedizing and reinforcement, thermal management, as well as optical display bonding and lamination. Most materials have multiple-viscosity grades so manufacturers can tailor the material flow to the individual application.
Light-curable materials include:
- Conformal Coatings: Users can apply the coatings over the entire printed circuit board surface or in discreet areas to provide complete protection from harsh environments or chemical exposure. Many products come in IPC approved, MIL-I-46058C, and UL listed self-extinguishing grades. Multiple shadow-area cure options, including dual-cure and light/moisture cure formulations, are also available.
- Encapsulants: Protect components on rigid or flexible boards to -40°C. Encapsulating materials are ideal for microelectronic assembly and IC protection.
- Optical Display & Lamination Adhesives: Fast, on-demand cure allows substrates to be re-positioned precisely until parts are ready to be cured. They are formulated for applications where durable, crystal-clear, invisible bonds are required.
- Potting Compounds: These one-part materials can achieve full, tack-free cure in seconds and dramatically reduce cycle times and costs. They also offer tenacious adhesion to plastics as well as metals.
- Thermal Interface Materials: TIMs cure in seconds with light, heat, or activator to effectively transfer heat to keep components cool.
|A wide variety of halogen-free conformal coatings, adhesives, encapsulants, and potting materials are available from Dymax.|