Light-Curable Electronic Adhesives and Materials
Protect Electronic Circuitry and Components From Environmental Damage
One-part, solvent-free electronic adhesives and materials cure in seconds upon exposure to UV/Visible light energy. A wide variety of light-curable products are available for circuit protection and electronic component assembly applications. Many are electrically insulating and designed for various operations including conformal coating, encapsulation, ruggedizing and reinforcement, thermal management, as well as optical display bonding and lamination. Most materials have multiple-viscosity grades so manufacturers can tailor the material flow to the specific project requirements. The products are used in automotive and consumer electronics and aerospace and defense applications.
Light-Curable Materials Include:
- Camera Module LCMs: Adhesives for smart connected devices and automobiles, as well as security and industrial camera systems, cure in seconds, providing greater product yields in a much shorter assembly time. They form excellent adhesion to a variety of plastic and metal substrates typically used in the manufacturing of electronic device housings and camera modules and can withstand harsh conditions like moisture, heat, as well as shock.
- Conformal Coatings: Users can apply the coatings over the entire printed circuit board surface or in discreet areas to provide complete protection from harsh environments or chemical exposure. Many products come in IPC approved, MIL-I-46058C, and UL listed self-extinguishing grades. Multiple shadow-area cure options, including dual-cure and light/moisture cure formulations, are also available.
- Encapsulants: Protect components on rigid or flexible boards to -40°C. Encapsulating materials are ideal for microelectronic assembly and IC protection.
- Halogen-Free Materials: A variety of adhesives, coatings, encapsulants, and potting compounds are available that meet halogen-free industry mandates without sacrificing performance requirements.
- LED Protection Materials: Light Cap® LED encapsulants and led potting materials cure in seconds to provide optimal protection of LEDs. They are capable of enduring higher operating temperatures, resist yellowing, and also transmit more light than competing technologies.
- Optical Display & Lamination Adhesives: Fast, on-demand cure allows substrates to be re-positioned precisely until parts are ready to be cured. These adhesives are for applications where durable, crystal-clear, as well as invisible bonds are required.
- Peelable Maskants: One part, solvent- and silicone-free Ultra Light-Weld® peelable electronic maskants are ideal for conformal coating, wave soldering, and reflow operations.
- Potting Compounds: These one-part materials can achieve full, tack-free cure in seconds and dramatically reduce cycle times and costs. They also offer tenacious adhesion to plastics as well as metals.
- Thermal Interface Materials: TIMs cure in seconds with light, heat, or activator to effectively transfer heat to keep components cool.
- Wire Tacking Adhesives: Ruggedizing and staking materials hold critical components to PCBs, providing optimal circuit protection for manual applications such as wire tacking and coil termination.