Dymax UV/Visible curable adhesives for plastic packaging eliminate heat and RF sealing of clamshell packages. Dymax UV packaging adhesives cure in seconds upon exposure to UV/Visible light to form structural bonds to PVC, PET, A-PET, and RPET clamshell packaging materials. Some benefits of UV curable packaging adhesives include:
- Reduced tooling and capital costs
- Higher production rates and lower set-up costs
- Packaging adhesive bonds often exceed the strength of the clamshell package
- UV packaging adhesives cure in seconds to form clear, colorless seals
- UV light curing doesn't degrade (make brittle) PET and RPET packaging
- Processing speeds up to 30 cycles per minute are possible
Production systems for thermoformed plastic clamshell sealing are available in semi-automated dispense-type units and separate dispense, roll coat, and stand-alone UV curing units.