Light-curable form in place gaskets replace tape, PSA die-cut gaskets, 2K epoxies, silicone rope, and RTV sealants. The gaskets conform to complex and intricate channels, on both vertical and horizontal surfaces, with thixotropic formulations, and flow into channels with Newtonian formulations. Form in place gasket materials act as a barrier to prevent absorption or penetration of air, dust, noise, liquids, gaseous substances, or dirt for sound dampening, vibration dampening, moisture protection, chemical protection, and air sealing. FIP gaskets cure on demand, eliminating the need for ovens, racking, stacking, long-curing alternatives, and the waste associated with poorly fitting or improper alignment of die-cut gaskets.
Form-in-place gaskets are designed for automated dispensing to support high-volume production and consistency in bead profile for single wall, flat surface, or channel configurations. The gaskets are cured in line for increased production speed and reduced inventories. This technology accommodates engineering changes without high tooling investments, helping to reduce costs, and turning problems like production throughput into non-issues.
- Cure completely in as little as 15 seconds, even to 1/4 inch thick beads
- Excellent adhesion to plastics, glass, metal enclosures, and plated surfaces
- Low-to-high, non-sag viscosities
- Slick-to-pressure-sensitive surface tack
- Ideal for automotive, lighting, electronic mobile device, electrical, HVAC, window, and energy applications
|Light-Curable Form-In-Place & Cure-In-Place Gaskets Selector Guide|
|Instant Form-in-Place/Cure-in-Place Gaskets, Just Add Light article|